Oct 6, 2014

SETTING UP BLOG

Hiya! When I set up this blog, I really want to write for myself.  I want to have a nice and clean design. However, I also have limited knowledge on HTML editing, as well as limited budget. So.. I browse around internet for setting my blog up.

1. Pick up a design
The best things in life are free. Perhaps, in my sense of blog & design, it also applies. I bought several blogger template from Etsy, and I figured out that galauness template works best for me. I like the clean, crisp, and clutter-free design which is designed by an Indonesian!

2. Learn how to make a menu.
There are a gazillion tutorials out there. However, since mine has a pre made menu, I just need to skew the HTML a little. I change the "sub-categories" into post labels. This works very easy for me. xomisse.com is a useful website to learn editing HTML stuffs.

3. Designing Header
I design my header in pic monkey. Super easy to use, and they have a very funny tutorial.

Well, I am hooked on "Rude" by Magic. How bout you? And I found out that Ed Sheeran + Taylor Swift's song is adorable..


No comments:

Post a Comment